Wednesday, February 27, 2008

what not to do

this is what not to do when sewing bias tape.

first, start out with bias tape that’s half the width it should be.

sew it onto a section which has crooked, loopy seams.

shake, don’t stir.

and, you’ve got –

this crap!

today wasn’t really my day. but, it’s over, and hopefully this is the last time i do this again.


















4 comments:

Dayna said...

well. the bias tape itself looks great - is it the one you made yourself? You don't even know how many times I have said...well that was a lesson - I wont do that again...only to take a break from creating for a little while to come back and do it again. Just last weekend I almost started sewing things right side out like the whole project was done...ugh!

I like this bib fabric too.

Audrey said...

i'm afraid that's going to happen to me too. maybe i should write down all these lessons learned!

btw the messed up bias tape is one i made with a bias tape maker ---- but last night i just made the bias tape by hand. it's not that hard.

Dayna said...

I have never made any bias tape (with or without the tool). It always seemed like more work then it was worth...but I may have to give it a try. I am going to be making some doll clothes in the near future and this might be easier then double seams.

Audrey said...

it's WAY easy. i've never actually used the real stuff so i suppose i should try it before comparing, but making it yourself is pretty simple. stayed tuned because i'm thinking about doing a post just about making your own bias tape. funny how this blog is quickly turning into a crafting blog... :)