Friday, July 11, 2008

more about telluride....

So as I mentioned, i spent the first few days of my trip in Denver with my best friend from college.


Thennnn I jumped in the car w/ my brother, his gf and her friend, and we headed down to telluride!

It’s about a 6 hr drive, and a very pretty one at that.










Telluride is a great little mountain town. One my first full day there, I took a trip into town:



The main drag:

The festival and campgrounds are quite conveniently located in town, in a park oddly called Town Park. Our campgrounds were so close to the festival grounds (adjacent, really) that we could hear the music from our campsite. The campgrounds were a little, um, crowded. We also happened to be camping in the party area of the campground, with parties going well into the night. So it was a very lively camping experience.


(our group):

But, there was still beauty to be found….





(the cup of coffee, not us!)




(our neighbors brought mr. snowman from wherever they came from)


That’s it for now, I swear I’m going to get to the music soon…..


0 comments: